This house was built around 1720. It is a fine example of colonial architecture. The house was originally owned by Moses Richardson. The Tavern was noteworthy in thet George Washington stopped, with some of his aides, to have lunch on his way to Cambridge in 1775. The Tavern was located on the "Old Mendon Road." This would have been the route George Washington would have taken on his way to Cambridge or Boston. It is also believed that Nathan Hale ad the Marquis de Lafayette probably also stopped to dine.